New developments in:
- BANGLADESH - 0 no refugee case yet - complete lockdown of refugee camp of 800,000+ people. Internet is back.
- FRANCE - 2 Coronavirus cases in Calais - the virus is said to be spreading to more.
- GERMANY - more refugee cases - quarantines in 2 Berlin centres.
- GREECE - 26 Cases in refugee camps - quarantines imposed &...
- EU COUNTRIES - taking in some children refugees. Luxembourg will take 12 and Germany 50 next week
- ITALY - several cases in Milan & Rome - refuses disembarking migrants at sea / Quarantine in Rome for one centre / ARCI launched an online information platform & map for refugees
- KENYA - 0 no refugee case yet - some politicians are spreading rumours of infection.
- LEBANON - 0 no refugee case reported officially according to UNHCR though conflicting information online - discriminations against Syrian refugees & tensions between Syrians and Lebanese have emerged.
- MALAYSIA - 0 no refugee case yet - since lockdown, not one displaced person arrested because of their status / Loss of livelihoods & unable to pay rent / 250 Rohingya refugees arrived by boat, quarantined.
- PALESTINE - 263 cases and 1 death - EU assistance package of around €71 million
- PHILIPPINES - 0 no refugee case yet - Medical professionals bared from going overseas / one person shot because breaching the lockdown / Tuberculosis campaign delayed.
- UGANDA - 0 no refugee case yet - Aid workers and UNHCR is preparing Ebola responses centres to deal with a future outbreak.
- VENEZUELA - 0 no refugee case yet - tiny number of exiled coming back
- YEMEN - 0 no refugee case yet - Cease fire declared / first case confirmed (a Yemeni national)
About Techfugees Data Hub
In March 2020, Techfugees launched its Data Hub. It brings together displaced persons, NGOs, members of civil society and innovators from all over the world, to map the impact of Covid-19 on displaced communities and source existing solutions to help mitigate it. The data is freely available on: http://bit.ly/covidrefugees
Techfugees Data Hub is looking for supporters and volunteers. To get involved - please fill out the form here to volunteer your time to collect data and lend some tech skills. If raw data is not your thing, you are also welcomed to join bi-monthly Techfugees Live Sessions, a series of online bi-monthly talks bringing to life the data gathered via regional and local testimonials describing how communities are coping with the situation and what tech solutions are currently being used by these communities.